I’m still not really reviewing books, but I’m still reading.
My top books of 2017 can either be books that I thought were very good, or that I really enjoyed, or that spoke to me in some way. Often, 2 of these will apply, and occasionally all three.
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen
- The Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham
- A Great Reckoning (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #12) by Louise Penny
- Journey to Munich (Maisie Dobbs #12) by Jacqueline Winspear
- All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai
- Leave Me by Gayle Forman
- Waking Gods (Themis Files #2) by Sylvain Neuvel
- Short Stories
- Arrival (Stories of Your Life MTI) by Ted Chiang