Forget the books for a minute, and look at the picture next to this! I’ve mentioned the kitten cam a few times here, and the current batch of kittens there are my favorites! This is Ash, and you can watch him and his siblings. But as wonderful as it has been to watch these kittens, it has been even more fun to meet the wonderful and talented viewers, one of which made this image for me!! Thank you, Venice Tretiak.
And now, on to the regularly scheduled book talk. January was a good month, with some great books. Now, to get back into the swing of reviewing, which I badly neglected this month…
- Villa Triste by Lucretia Grindle
- Pirate Cinema by Cory Doctorow
- 206 Bones (Temperance Brennan #12) by Kathy Reichs
- A Simple Thing by Kathleen McCleary
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses, #6) by Eloisa James
- Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks
- The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström #1) by Camilla Läckberg
- The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts
- Argo: How the CIA and Hollywood Pulled Off the Most Audacious Rescue in History by Antonio J. Mendez
- Mr. Churchill’s Secretary (Maggie Hope Mystery #1) by Susan Elia MacNeal
- Brava, Valentine (Valentine #2) by Adriana Trigiani
This month had two standout stars for me. Both were book club books, I’ve reviewed one, and will review the other as soon as we discuss it (soon). I fully expect both to make my list of top books of the year. These were Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend and Where’d You Go, Bernadette. Villa Triste gets an honorable mention, it could easily have topped the list in a different month.
And now, to start the yearly books read count! As is clear from the lists above, I’ve read 12 Books: 1 paper book, 3 Nook books, and 8 audio books. I’m roughly on track for my goal of 150 books this year.
How was your January? What are you looking forward to in February?