The on-line kittens are still taking away from my reading time, but I’m back to listening to books while hanging out with them (and the folks I’ve met while watching. Ultimate kitten cuteness is available for your viewing with the Scientist Kittens!
Meanwhile, what I’ve been reading:
- Trail of the Spellmans (The Spellmans #5) by Lisa Lutz
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler
- Cottage by the Sea by Robin Jones Gunn
- Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) by Gail Carriger
- Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) by Deborah Harkness
- Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth *
- Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth *
- How to Marry a Duke (How To Series #1) by Vicky Dreiling
- An Incomplete Revenge (Maisie Dobbs #5) by Jacqueline Winspear
- The Duke Is Mine (Fairy Tales #3) by Eloisa James
- A Question of Blood (Inspector Rebus #14) by Ian Rankin
- The Witness by Nora Roberts
- Trouble in High Heels (Fortune Hunter #1) by Christina Dodd
This brings my yearly totals to 89 books read: 25 paper books, 18 Nook books and 46 audio books. I’m on track to pass 100 books read in August– even with the Olympics cutting into reading time!
Unfortunately, I didn’t have any real highlights this month (I don’t count re-reads– both Insurgent and Divergent were flagged the first time I read them).. I liked most of the books.I read, but none of them are likely to make my top books of the year. Hopefully I’ll get something that really gets to me this month.
My August reading will include The Submission by Amy Waldman and Catch-22 by Joseph Heller for book clubs, The Baker’s Daughter by Sarah McCoy and 12.21 by Dustin Thomason are both scheduled for tours.
I hope you had a good reading month in July, and I hope your August is even better!