2012 is off to a good start, as far as reading goes. Other areas aren’t as fabulous– losing our family’s kitty was the think I’ll remember most about this month. With other family excitement as well as losing my MP3 player, it’s a wonder I read anything at all. I did, and much of it was really good.
So, I start off 2012 with 12 books read: 4 paper books, 2 Nook books, and 6 audio books.
Here”s the summary!
- The Gap Year by Sarah Bird
- Dreaming of Mr. Darcy (Austen Addicts #2) by Victoria Connelly
- The Rook by Daniel O’Malley
- Gun Games (Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus #20) by Faye Kellerman
- Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth
- Wish Upon a Star by Sarah Morgan
- Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie
- Edge of Evil (Ali Reynolds #1) by J.A. Jance
- Hot Rocks by Nora Roberts
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #7) by Louise Penny
- Bury Your Dead (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #6) by Louise Penny
I also have two books I didn’t finish. One I checked out from the library as an e-book, and it expired before I finished reading it, largely because I was trying to finish the other DNF book before book club. Since I didn’t want to do that, I listened to the two Louise Penny books instead, because they were really, really good.
This was an average month, quantity-wise, but it was amazing as far as quality. My favorite book of the month was The Rook, followed closely by Ready Player One, but the two Louise Penny books could easily have taken than honor many other months, Divergent really impressed me, and I really liked The Gap Year.
I started getting back on track with reviews (beyond the 4 linked above, I have two more mini-reviews I wrote this month), but then backslid a bit. I think February will be better.
How was your January? What are you looking forward to in February?