Well, I didn’t think that November would be a less productive month than October, but it was. I’m still OK with how many books I read, but the number of reviews is very disappointing to me. I definitely had my reasons (including a very nice but unproductive week in Hawaii– anyone want to see pictures?). I hope that I’ll do better in December, but I doubt I’ll return to normal until January.
So, what I read:
- Bring Me Home for Christmas (Virgin River #16) by Robyn Carr
- Hot Water by Erin Brockovich, C.J. Lyons
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson
- Steampunk!: An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories edited by Kelly Link
- A Regular Guy by Mona Simpson
- Snuff (Discworld #39) by Terry Pratchett
- Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher
- A Royal Pain (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries #2) by Rhys Bowen
- The Complaints (Malcolm Fox #1) by Ian Rankin
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Happily Ever Afters #2) by Eloisa James
I’m not sure any of these books were real standouts, although I really enjoyed Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand (and it made for great book club discussion) and Bring Me Home for Christmas, When Beauty Tamed the Beast, and Snuff were better than average reads.
My yearly count is now up to 158 books read (so I’ve reached my 2011 goal of 150), including 62 paper books, 76 audio books, 18 Nook Books, 1 other e-book, and 1 book in multiple formats.
I have book club books to read in December (although it looks like one club will postpone the book, and just have a social meeting), and a few review books. Mostly, I want to get some reviews written!
I hope you had a good November, and have an even better December. Happy Holidays!