Ahh, September. School kicks into full gear (with my responsibilities for my daughter’s class), the fall TV season starts with the return of favorite shows and my pathological need to try out all potentially interesting new programs….
This year, September also included major traveling by my husband (furthering my respect for all the single parents out there) and my not being able to shake the cold that knocked me out of commission in August.
It’s a wonder I read anything at all. Certainly, my reading was down a bit, particularly audiobooks, but not enough to make me want to change anything there. What did take more of a hit than I would like is my review writing– with only 6 written, I’m under my goal of 2 per week, and I really want to do better in October.
So, here are my books read:
- The Tapestry of Love by Rosy Thornton
- Best Staged Plans by Claire Cook
- Dear Bully: Seventy Authors Tell Their Stories by Megan Kelley Hall and Carrie Jones (Editors)
- Every Step You Take: A Memoir by Jock Soto
- Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
- The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer
- Pirate King (Mary Russell #11) by Laurie R. King (already read in print)
- Hit Man (Keller #1) by Lawrence Block
- Beguilement (The Sharing Knife #1) by Lois McMaster Bujold
- The Most Dangerous Thing by Laura Lippman
- No One You Know by Michelle Richmond
This brings my totals for the year to 134 books read: 55 paper books, 63 audio books, 14 Nook Books, 1 other e-book, and 1 book in multiple formats. My favorite reads of the month were the completely charming The Tapestry of Love and listening to Pirate King, which I liked even more in audio than I did in print!
I’m continuing to avoid new review commitments for October, so I’m reading a mixture of old review books and books I’ve bought for myself. My plan is to find one or two books to accept for November and December, and a few more for January. Meanwhile, I still have book club books to read.
How was your reading in September? What are your October plans?