I think I’m finally out of my reading slump! This was a good month for both quality and quantity, and I enjoyed most of them– some quite a bit. A few of them weren’t great for me, but that’s ok, it happens at times.
- The Book of Lies by Mary Horlock (review posting Thursday)
- Pirate King (Mary Russell #12) by Laurie R. King (review coming in September)
- Bath Tangle by Georgette Heyer (review posting Wednesday)
- Deed to Death by D. B. Henson (review coming soon)
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- Fun and Games by Duane Swierczynski (review coming soon)
- Things We Didn’t Say by Kristina Riggle
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford (review coming soon)
- All Clear (All Clear #2) by Connie Willis
- Blackout (All Clear #1) by Connie Willis
- I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson (review coming soon)
- Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke #3) by Julia Quinn
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- The Heroine’s Bookshelf by Erin Blakemore
- Paladin of Souls (Chalion #2) by Lois McMaster Bujold
- What Momma Left Me by Renee Watson (review posting Friday)
- Learning Curves by Elyse Mady
- Beekeeping for Beginners (Mary Russell #11) by Laurie R. King (novella)
I’m amazed to have finished 7 paper books, considering I spend the last week avoiding one that really didn’t work for me. A few of the books I read are quite short (one is a novella), but one of the audiobooks was almost 24 hours long, and another was over 18 hours. I think my average is fine :-).
Totals for the year now stand at 106 books read: 43 paper books, 50 audio books, 11 Nook books, 1 other e-book, and 1 book in multiple formats.
I’m having a hard time identifying the best books of the month. I think it comes down to State of Wonder and Pirate King. Blackout and All Clear were great rereads, even if I had… issues… my first time through. Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet would have been the top read if it’d come in a different month.
I published 11 reviews. One of those was a guest post by my daughter, and one of my reviews covered two books, so I guess that works out :-). I was posting like crazy at the beginning of the month, but slumped a bit at the end, I hope that doesn’t continue in August. I’ve started posting an audiobook review every Friday when I’m not committed to something else, so watch for those.
I’ve got two tours scheduled in August, then I’m taking a bit of a break from those, unless something I really can’t pass up comes along. I’ll probably resume in January. (As a general rule, I don’t mind having some structure to my reading, but I’ll still have two book club books a month during this interval).
How was your July? How is your August looking?