Read in January
- (4.5 stars) The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
- (3.5 stars) Miles from Nowhere by Nami Mun (review posting tomorrow)
- (4.5 stars) Up from the Blue by Susan Henderson
- (4 stars) The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
- (3.5 stars) The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman
- (3.5 stars) To Have and to Kill (Wedding Cake Mysteries #1) by Mary Jane Clark
- (4 stars) Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby
- (3.5 stars) A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
- (3.5 stars) River’s End by Nora Roberts (review posting next week)
- (3.5 stars) Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1) by Lee Child
- (4 stars) Even the Queen & Other Short Stories by Connie Willis
- (4 stars) Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville #2) by Carrie Vaughn (review posting soon)
So my yearly total starts out at 12 books read: 5 paper books, 1 Nook Book, and 6 audio books. I posted 10 reviews (see the sidebar for a list), and I have several scheduled to post next month.
There were 2 standout books this month. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown is an early contender for one of my top books of the year, and Up from the Blue by Susan Henderson is also outstanding. I also want to mention a book which I finished on New Years Eve last year, so it was a 2010 book, but I didn’t have time to really consider it in with those books. The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond would have made my list of top reads last year if I’d given it fair thought, and I’m appreciating it even more as I think more about it.
Looking forward into February, I’m most of the way through Triumph of the City by Edward Glaeser for a blog tour this Thursday. I’ll then pick up Moonface by Angela Balcita for a tour later in the month. I’ll finish reading Measure for Measure with my daughter’s class. I’ll be reading Solar by Ian McEwan for one book club, North of Beautiful for the other. I’m also planning to read A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and All That’s True by Jackie Lee Miles.
How was your January? What are your February plans?