June’s big highlight was Audiobook week at Devourer of Books, and June is Audiobook Month in general. These really contributed my listening to more books as well as to me working on my reviews of audiobooks, and coming up with a new format for the information specific to these.
It was a good reading month, overall. I read
Books on paper:
- (4 stars) The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews
- (3.5 stars) To Surrender To A Rogue (Circle of Sin, #2) by Cara Elliott
- (4.5 stars)The Starlet by Mary McNamara
- (3.5 stars) For the Win by Cory Doctorow
- (4 stars) Huck: The Remarkable True Story of How One Lost Puppy Taught a Family–and a Whole Town–About Hope and Happy Endings by Janet Elder
- (4 stars)Heart of Lies by M.L. Malcolm
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
Books in audio:
- (4 stars) Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse #9) by Charlaine Harris
- (2 stars) Knock Out (FBI Thriller, #13) by Catherine Coulter
- (4 stars) Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum, #16) by Janet Evanovich
- (4.5 stars) Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
- (5 stars) Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- (4.5 stars) The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson
- (2 stars) Apple Turnover Murder (Hannah Swensen, #13) by Joanne Fluke
- (4 stars) Plum Pudding Murder (Hannah Swensen, #12) by Joanne Fluke
- (4 stars) Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
Books on my Nook:
- (3.5 stars) Did Not Survive by Ann Littlewood
- (4 stars) The House on Fortune Street by Margot Livesey
7 books on paper, 9 audiobooks, and 2 Nook books , for a total of 18 books this month. This brings me to 85 books this year: 48 paper books, 34 audio books and 3 Nook books. It was overall a good month for books, although there were exceptions.
I finished the Sookie Stackhouse reading challenge! I read the first 9 books in the series over the last 12 months. This is the first challenge I’ve completed. Maybe I’ll consider signing up for another one now :-).
And look how many reviews I’ve written! Beyond the ones linked above, I also had reviews of three books I read before June, and have written two more reviews for future posting. I’ve been spending quite a bit of time on blog related work, and I think I’m getting back in the swing of things.
For my Book Club M, I’ll be reading The Soloist: A Lost Dream, an Unlikely Friendship, and the Redemptive Power of Music by Steve Lopez for discussion on July 12, and I don’t yet know what we’re discussion on August 2. My Book Club L is discussing The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, which I’ve already read. I’ll need to decide if I’m going to listen to the entire thing again, or get my hands on a paper copy to skim…
I have a tour stop scheduled for The Language of Trees by Ilie Ruby. I’ve got two hot summer reads tentatively scheduled– late July for Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden and early August for Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt.
I’m happy with the work I’ve done on my blog this past month. My goals for July are to keep on reading and keep on blogging!