Wow, I read a lot of books in April! Part of this was the readathon, part of it was finally getting to a string of books that I really, really liked.
My paper books were:
- Blackout by Connie Willis
- Firefly Rain by Richard Dansky
- Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts
- Motherhood is Murder by Diana Orgain
- How to Lose a Client by Becky A. Bartness
- The God of the Hive by Laurie R. King
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
- The Sound of Sleigh Bells by Cindy Woodsmall
- The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
- Messenger of Truth by Jacqueline Winspear
- Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon
- In the Shadow of the Cypress by Thomas Steinbeck
- Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin
- Making It Up by Penelope Lively
My audio books were:
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- What Happens in London by Julia Quinn
- Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer
- Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
For a total of 20 books! I also had two audio books I chose not to finish, at least at this time. My total for the year so far is 53 books. 34 of those are on paper, 19 are audio.
I was excited by The God of the Hive and Thirteen Reasons Why. Blackout would have also made that list, except it turns out it’s only the first half of the book. I need the second part! There were several other books that might have made the list in previous months– I had a run of books I enjoyed this month.
I did slightly better than last month getting reviews posted, with 7 for the month. This isn’t quite my hoped for pace of 2 reviews a week, but I did manage it for the last 3 weeks of the month. I just didn’t catch up for my slow start. I’ll keep that as my goal for this month, but I’d better get to work!
Coming up this month, I have The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood for Book Club M and Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I’m currently reading (and enjoying!) The Singer’s Gun by Emily Mandel for a tour, and I have Dismantled by Jennifer McMahon scheduled for a tour on Memorial day.
I’m heading to BEA (Book Expo America) and the Book Blogger Convention at the end of the month. I’m really looking forward to meeting bloggers, meeting publicists I’ve worked with on-line, and making all kinds of new contacts. I expect to come back with many more books that I want to read! Until then, I have my existing pile, and I’m also checking out some of the authors that will be at BEA and bumping some of them to the top of my list.
How was your April? What are you looking forward to in May?