I did a lot of listening to books this month, with 6 audio and 6 paper books.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (reread)
- The Cat, the Quilt and the Corpse (Cats in Trouble Mystery #1) by Leann Sweeney
- Life Sentences by Laura Lippman
- To Sin With A Scoundrel by Cara Elliott
- Waking Up in the Land of Glitter: A Crafty Chica Novel by Kathy Cano-Murillo
- Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
- Going Bovine by Libba Bray
- All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris
- Ender in Exile (Ender’s Saga, #6) by Orson Scott Card
- Shadow of the Hegemon (Shadow Series, #2) by Orson Scott Card (reread)
- Still Life (Armand Gamache, #1) by Louise Penny
- The Crime Writer by Gregg Hurwitz
(I also wrote two reviews for books I read in previous months)
This puts my total books read for the year at 33 (I missed listing the audio of Heat Wave by Richard Castle last month). I’m at 20 books on paper, 13 audio.
My favorite book for the month was Belong to Me. I enjoyed it and the book that preceded it, Love Walked In. Nothing has really blown me away so far this year.
I’m really, really looking forward to Laurie R. King’s next Mary Russell novel, The God of the Hive. It’s due to be released on April 27, but I won an ARC from Library Thing. I’m checking my mailbox eagerly every day. Whenever it comes, I’ll drop everything other than pressing commitments to read it. That probably includes sleep!
Speaking of forgoing sleep, the read-a-thon is next weekend, and I still don’t know how much I’ll participate. I’m not sure what my family life will bear. I’ll definitely do some cheerleading, and hopefully some reading as well. Maybe I’ll pull off full participation, I enjoyed it in October.
Since the beginning of the April, I’ve read this month’s book club books: Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin; and Making It Up by Penelope Lively. Since we’ll be discussing The Blind Assasin by Margaret Atwood on May 3, I’ll at least get started reading it this month.
For book tours this month I have In the Shadow of the Cypress by Thomas Steinbeck and Firefly Rain by Richard Dansky. I’ll also be doing a buddy read of Made in the U.S.A by Billie Letts, with Kailana at The Written Word.
I really hope to get to a new book by one of my favorite authors, Connie Willis. I’ve got my copy of Blackout, and will fit it in whenever I can.
I really want to ramp up my reviewing, at least a little. I’m setting a goal of 2 reviews a week for April, with a bonus goal of one non-review post (like this one!). Wish me luck and (more importantly) focus!