I’ll try to do better in March!
Actually, I did read a reasonable number of books on paper, I just didn’t listen to many, and I barely wrote any reviews.
I read 9 books in February. 2 of them were audio books, 7 were paper. This puts me at 20 books for the year, 14 on paper and 6 audio books.
Paper books read:
- Knots and Crosses (Inspector Rebus, #1) by Ian Rankin
- Dream House by Valerie Laken
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stoh
- The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan
- Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
- Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos
- The Temptation of the Night Jasmine (Pink Carnation, #5) by Lauren Willig
- The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares
There were several very good books this month, but Love Walked In was my favorite (I’ll review it after we discuss it at book club next week). Knots and Crosses, Beautiful Creatures, and Little Giant were not too far behind, each in a very different way.
Right now, I’m reading Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos, which is the follow-up to Love Walked In, and I’m listening to The Crime Writer by Gregg Hurwitz, thanks to a recommendation from Jen Forbus. Both are very good, and I’ll pick up one or the other when I’m done writing this post :-).
Coming up in March, I’m reading Making It Up by Penelope Lively for Book Club M and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak for Book Club L. I’ve read The Book Thief several years ago, but I’ll be rereading it for this. I have Waking Up in the Land of Glitter: A Crafty Chica Novel by Kathy Cano-Murillo and Life Sentences by Laura Lippman for blog tours, so you can count on seeing those reviews!
I hope everyone has a great March, in books and in the rest of your life!