Those that have seen the new two-in-one volumes will note that this is a strange combination to be reviewing together, since these two books are not grouped together. I’ll just say that it seemed to work better that way for me!
As in Heaven to Betsy, Betsy continues to struggle with her priorities. She wants to be a writer. She wants to be a good student. She wants to be popular. She particularly wants to be popular with boys.
Betsy makes some good decisions and some bad ones, and works her way through it all with her wonderful spirit.
Of course, the rest of “the crowd” that Betsy socializes with are here, but better yet, Betsy and Tacy’s other best friend Tib returns! Betsy goes to visit Tib in Milwaukee in Betsy in Spite of Herself, then Tib moves back to Deep Valley in Betsy Was a Junior.
If you enjoyed Heaven to Betsy, be sure to continue on with these books.
If you are considering reading the Betsy-Tacy books (whether as re-reads or for the first time), consider checking out The Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge. This is a chance to share your reading experience with others– I’m having fun with other challenges I’m participating in. I’m signing up myself, even though I feel like I’m cheating because I’m almost done reading them!
The re-release of these books has led to some celebrations in the Betsy-Tacy community. If you are nearby, you might want to check out
For more reviews and celebration of the Betsy-Tacy books, check out the other tour stops:
- Monday, September 21st: 5 Little Monkeys
- Tuesday, September 22nd: Six Boxes of Books
- Wednesday, September 23rd: Here in the Bonny Glen
- Monday, September 28th: Booking Mama
- Tuesday, September 29th: The Brain Lair
- Thursday, October 1st: She Is Too Fond of Books
- Tuesday, October 6th: I’m Booking It
- Wednesday, October 7th: Kate’s Book Blog
- Thursday, October 8th: The Tome Traveller
- Monday, October 12th: Red Lady’s Reading Room
- Tuesday, October 13th: A High and Hidden Place
- Wednesday, October 14th: The Well-Read Child
- Thursday, October 15th: Diary of an Eccentric
- Monday, October 19th: Joelle Anthony
- Wednesday, October 21st: KidLit History
I’ve already reviewed the first 4 Betsy Tacy Books (children’s books introducing Betsy, Tacy and Tib) and Heaven to Betsy (where the books change from books for children to books for teens). Check back for reviews of the remaining three books!
Thank you to TLC Book Tours for sending me the Betsy-Tacy books to read and review! I’m having a wonderful time with them.