This week, I
- finished Second Honeymoon by Joanne Trollope (and discussed it at my book club)
- read The Smart One and the Pretty One by Claire LaZebnik (I’m hoping to have my overdue review and giveaway up today!).
- read Heaven to Betsy by Maude Hart Lovelace (I’m hoping the have the review of the first four Betsy-Tacy books up tomorrow, and then review this one and Betsy In Spite of Herself on Friday).
- I’ll finish A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore today, in time to discuss it at Twitter Book Club tonight. (I hope to post my review on Wednesday. We’ll see.)
I finished no audiobooks last week.
- It just isn’t the same without my own player. I’ve been looking into replacements– anyone have a recommendation for an MP3 player that supports bookmarks and plays protected WMA files (so no Ipod!)?
- I admit, the start of the fall TV season really cut back on my listening time.
- I finally bailed on The Merchant of Death by D.J. McHale. Bobby Pendragon was acting all to much like a young teenager, and the book just wasn’t grabbing me. It actually was coming together a little better after the halfway point, so I may pick it up again later.
- I started listening to The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley. I’m enjoying it when I listen, but it isn’t encouraging me to pick up my player.
- I don’t know why I’m using a list for this section. Maybe it makes me feel more organized.
I have coming up:
- The Thirteenth Tale by Dianne Setterfield for my other book club next Monday. (I’m planning on listening to this one– there goes the rest of The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie)
- The next three Betsy-Tacy books for a blog tour of Betsy and Joe a week from Tuesday.
- I have another blog tour scheduled for next Monday, but if the book doesn’t arrive by tomorrow (Wednesday at the latest), I’m not sure I can make the date.
- And one more book that was supposed to be up in September, but again, I don’t have the book yet!
I posted this to Twitter, but I thought I’d show you why I looked everywhere for my book one day this week. The (white ribbon) bookmark gave it away in the end.
I hope you have a great reading week!