I’m looking back over two weeks, because with all the activity around Book Blogger Appreciation Week, I finally gave up on writing mine last week.
Books I’ve read:
- The Way Home by George P. Pelecanos
- Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
- Magyk by Angie Sage (audiobook)
- 31 Hours by Masha Hamilton
- A Note From An Old Acquaintance by Bill Walker
- The first four Betsy-Tacy Books by Maude Hart Lovelace
- Betsy-Tacy and Tib
- Betsy and Tacy Go Over the Big Hill
- Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown
I’m very behind on audiobooks because my MP3 player is dead (sob!).
I have a USB cable I use to charge it in the car.
I have a cable that I thought was exactly the same. It has the same connectors on each end. It charges the tire pressure monitoring system.
I grabbed that cable out of the console and plugged in my player. It went click, and now I have no more player.
(Actually, I have my old one that I’d given to my husband, but I think I’m too sad to listen to it).
The View Forward
I’ve got lots of reading to do:
- I’m currently reading Second Honeymoon by Joanne Trollope for book club Thursday.
- The Smart One and the Pretty One by Claire LaZebnik for a Hachette giveaway.
- A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore for Twitter Book Club next Monday.
- The Thirteenth Tale by Dianne Setterfield for my other book club in two weeks. (At least I can listen to this one!)
- The next four Betsy Tacy books for a blog tour of Betsy and Joe in two weeks.
- And I think last week I agreed to read and review two other books during this time. Maybe I just imagined it. I really wanted to read them both, and I couldn’t say no. Still, I’m somewhat dreading their arrival. But I’m also really looking forward to it.
There’s one more problem. TV season is starting! I like watching TV. I particularly like checking out the new shows.
I just need to figure out how to go without sleep. That’s what I need.
While I’m working on that, check out my
How to Tame a Modern Rogue by Diana Holquist ends Sept. 22 (this Tuesday!)
The Way Home by George P. Pelecanos ends Oct. 2
And keep an eye out for The Smart One and the Pretty One by Claire LaZebnik later this week.
Enjoy your reading!