For Book Blogger Appreciation Week, Monday is dedicated to thanking and spotlighting our favorite blogs that didn’t make the awards shortlists.
I can’t possibly list them all– that would be all 100+ blogs I have in Google Reader (minus the few that were nominated). But I will pull out a some, and spend the rest of the day feeling guilty about the rest.
If you don’t already read them, check out:
- Bookworm With a View: I like hearing about her book clubs, and getting ideas for mine, and I enjoy her reviews.
- Books and Movies: She’s got a great weekly list of links, as well as good reviews of her own.
- Confessions of a Book Habitué: I’ve enjoyed getting to know her through her blog– we share a lot of our taste in books!
- Debbie’s World of Books: Another gorgeous blog with interesting reviews.
- The Literate Housewife Review: Another blog by a smart woman with great reviews.
- Musings of a Bookish Kitty: A very friendly blogger with a cool blog of her own.
- Socrates’ Book Reviews: I like the reviews, but I love the cat pictures. Even when I’m in a hurry, I stop by here because I know I’ll come away with a smile.
- West Of Mars — Win A Book!: This time I’m not saying “great reviews”! This blog exists to let us know about the great guest posts and giveaways in the blogosphere! I love Susan’s comments in her posts pointing us to where stuff is happening.
I also want to call out Bookalicious, which is a gorgeous blog. Don’t expect to see much there in the next few months, since Pam has a brand new new baby!