17 books read this month! Woo-hoo!
7 of those were audiobooks, 10 were paper. That puts me at 87 books for the year, 35 of those audiobooks. I’m a little behind on reviews, but if I have a review posted, it is linked to the book’s name.
- Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas (book club M in September)
- Looking for Alaska by John Green (book club L in August)
- Mercy Street by Mariah Stewart
- An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Aidan (Everything Austen challenge)
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (Twitter book Club)
- Slam by Nick Hornby
- Club Dead by Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse Challenge)
- How to Tame a Modern Rogue by Diana Holquist
- Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunant
- Laced With Magic by Barbara Bretton (Blog Tour)
- Only Milo by Barry Smith
- The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison
- Two Years, No Rain by Shawn Klomparens (Summer reading series)
- Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz (buddy read)
- Luv Ya Bunches by Lauren Myracle
- Bundle of Trouble by Diana Orgain
- Halting State by Charles Stross (Book Club M for August)
First is the Everything Austen challenge at Stephanie’s Written Word. I’m caught up! I checked off 2 out of 6 items for it: My reviews of the audiobook of An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Aidan and the 1972 BBC production of Emma. Unfortunately, neither was a rousing success for me, but I’m still enthusiastic about continuing with the challenge. (End date 1/1/10)
The next challenge was the Sookie Stackhouse challenge at Beth Fish Reads. I’m now done with 3 of the 9 books that I need to read to complete it. I added Club Dead this month. I would have added one more, but I discovered that Netlibrary has books 1-3 and 5-9, but not #4. I went ahead and bought a paper copy, and started reading Dead to the World today. (Ends July 2010)
I currently have a giveaway up for The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison, which ends on September 10. I’ll be posting a giveaway for How to Tame a Modern Rogue by Diana Holquist on Tuesday, and it should run until September 22. I’ve got a couple of others in the works, so keep your eyes on my sidebar!
This month, I am committed to reading:
- Babydoll by Allyson Roy (TLC Book tours, September 10)
- 31 Hours by Masha Hamilton (Unbridled Books, week of September 14)
- A Note From an Old Acquaintance by Bill Walker (Pump Up Your Book blog Tour, September 22)
- Second Honeymoon by Joanna Trollope (Book Club L, late September)
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (Book Club M, October 5)
I’ve got a backlog of review books that I’m trying to work my way through. Counting the first 4 Betsy-Tacy books as one, my count stands at 18 books that I have received for review and haven’t read yet. 4 of those have specific dates (tours), the rest I just want to get to in a timely manner (that may be too late for some of them).
I plan on working down my review book backlog (I want to emphasize that everything there is something I want to read), and maybe get to a few other books on my shelf. I’ll make progress on both challenges. I’ll be downloading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins and starting to listen as soon as it is available.
I strongly suspect my reading total will plummet as the fall TV season starts. I usually like to check out all the shows I used to watch, even occasionally, as well as try any new show that seems to have promise. We have multiple DVRs hard at work, so I can record a LOT of shows.
I hope you had a good August, and have a better September.