My mailbox overflowed this week– largely due to finally posting an Amazon order– I’d been accumulating books in my shopping cart.
Non-Amazon arrivals were:
The Impostor’s Daughter: A True Memoir by Laurie Sandell arrived from Hachette Books. After looking at the cover, I thought it would be fun to read with others. Then I opened it up– I was surprised to see it was in a graphic format. I’m looking forward to reading it– if you are interested, I have a giveaway of The Impostor’s Daughter posted! Thank you Hachette Books!
Two Years, No Rain by Shawn Klomparens is the August Selection for the Summer Reading Series by Lisa at Books on the Brain and Mari at Bookworm with a View. It looks entertaining, but I’m waiting until next month to read it :-). Thank you Shawn Klomparens!
The Rapture by Liz Jensen is an ARC from Doubleday Books, via Shelf Awareness. This looks like an intense thriller, except that I’m not quite sure that thriller is the right word. However you categorize it, I think it will be a good read. Thank you Doubleday Books!
My Amazon boxes contained:
- For the Everything Austen challenge:
- Lost in Austen: Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure by Emma Campbell Webster
- Austenland: A Novel by Shannon Hale
- Lost in Austen (the movie)
- For Twitter Book Club:
- Last Night in Montreal by Emily St. John Mandel
- and just because I want to read it
- Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter by R. J. Anderson
Now, how am I ever going to get all of this read? I don’t know, but I’m going to have fun trying!