I’ve read a total of 11 books in June. My pace has pretty much held steady since May, well above my reading goal of 4 paper books, 4 audiobooks per month.
This brings my total for the year to 56 books, 23 of them audiobooks.
So what did I read? (click the titles to go to my reviews)
- Old World Daughter, New World Mother: An Education in Love and Freedom by Maria Laurino
- Beach Trip by Cathy Holton
- The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale
- Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan
- The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
- Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell
- Finger Lickin’ Fifteen by Janet Evanovich (not yet reviewed)
And as audiobooks
- True Colors by Kristin Hannah
- Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt
- Shoot from the Lip by Leanne Sweeney
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (not yet reviewed)
My favorite book for the month was The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale. There were no bad books, and only one that really didn’t work for me.
Looking into July, I have a bunch of books scheduled to read:
- The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy is coming up for Book Club M.
- The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand for a blog tour.
- One Scream Away by Kate Brady for a blog tour.
- Miss L’eau by T. Katz for a blog tour
- Welcome to Biotech Nation by Moira A. Gunn for Book Club L.
- Halting State by Charles Stross for Book Club M.
And others I’d like to get to. I’ll have a choice as to audiobooks, but I probably don’t want to be this scheduled on physical books again soon– one scheduled book per week is all I want to have, I think. It won’t be any problem to read them all, and each of them (with the exception of Black Dahlia) is something I’m looking forward to reading.
I hope everyone else had a good reading month, and has an even better one coming up!