I’ve read 12 books in May, which is well above my expectations– my goal is 4 paper and 4 audio books. To get to twelve, I’ve almost stopped listening to podcasts, and have fallen behind on my TV viewing. My daughter’s class was at science camp, giving me some extra reading time, which certainly helped. I’m not sure this rate will be sustainable :-).
This brings my total books read for the year up to 45 books, with 19 of them being audiobooks.
- Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi (Book Club L)
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
- Shakespeare’s Secret by Elise Broach
- Tribute by Nora Roberts
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- Cures for Heartbreak by Margo Rabb (Book Club M)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by by Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows (Book Club M) (review coming soon!)
- Hot Blooded by Lisa Jackson
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Sag Harbor by Colson Whitehead
- Tea Time for the Traditionally Built by Alexander McCall Smith
- Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs
The most enjoyable book this month was definitely The Hunger Games. The best was probably The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao , although (as I said in my review) I need another read to really appreciate it. I probably got as much from Sag Harbor.
It was a good book club month. I enjoyed all 3 books I have listed– Book club M has two books here, since it meets on the first Monday of the month. I had to read it in May to be ready for the June 1 meeting!
I’m looking forward to another month of reading. I’ve got two posts planned, with the reading I already have planned to take me into June.
How was your May reading?